Sunday, May 21, 2006

‘An Ode to You Oh Visitor’

And only yesterday I was boasting to my friends over dinner at Leopold that how personal the blog is to me and the advent of a visitor will not influence how I proceed with my writings, but as is evident, the very first few visits have already made an impact which is quite evident from the extent to which this very post is inspired by the visits. I guess what I said to my friends yesterday was one of those times when I say aloud the complete opposite of what I think is the truth. But that comes across as so wired when I think of myself as an honest person. Contrary to self-expectations, I think I just keep on fooling myself into believing things which aren’t true. Taking that hypotheses further, I think I am completely opposite of honest. Now since I happen to be stating this, having proved myself dishonest, it might be a completely wrong assumption. But who knows maybe the assumption that it’s a wrong assumption is again a way to fool myself. I think this is going no where. So I would just let you know what made me think of myself as a self deceiving idiot in the first place.

‘An Ode to You Oh Visitor’

My prose is gross
My verse is worse
To keep on venting
Is my curse
But I value you dear visitor
Cause without you
My blog is a sleeping log
The posts are ghosts
And I’m an addict of solitude
Carrying on without a cure

No comments: