Monday, May 08, 2006

Lines by Sarci

Seek out not treacherous arms to hurt me oh foe
For that fate is already gifted to my imagination

You smiled
And I took it as a promise of togetherness
I did not know
That in your world, it’s merely an institution

For me, a lifetime in a moment
For you, just another stone overturned

The wounds are still fresh where you touched my heart
It’s beside the point that I will not trade them for the world

When you lay beside me beloved
This bed was the launch pad of dreams
Since you left,
It is only a field of sorrow
Where there is regret for today
Hope set aside for tomorrow

I keep my lips sealed to protect my inanity
And the world interprets it as lofty vanity

Most joyful were the moments when you only haunted me- the specter
Most painful those when your apparition materialized- the actual

Only I gave you the power to injure me
Pray don’t deprive me of the credit now


Your face watermarked on every wave in the sea
I sat and counted them till the sea receded
Time was considerate when the waves didn’t form
But cruel, when to a big wave, it again conceded

I am destined to bear your face’s memories for a while
‘Cause only a face can erase a face in this world
I am confined by the fences of my passions for you
For only a face can replace a face in this world

No comments: