Thursday, April 27, 2006

‘Loose Lines From The Pen of Nami-baba of the Forty-four Roomies Fame’

(Extracted from ‘I Dread Genie’)

I cannot be the beloved that you hope for love
For someone has to fulfill the curse that is me

Whenever I am impatient to become your beloved love
I remind myself of all the love that I was deprived of once

I don’t care in which form I receive it
Or who is the giver
As long as it's love of some sort

From the dark realm of no feelings I have emerged
Only to find that these feelings are not worth a name

The beloved’s contempt
Only makes the fire burn brighter

Don’t look down upon me oh sweet beloved
I might just conquer the world to prove you wrong

Nothing seems a challenge now
That I have felt your grating nerve

Why do you look beyond when this admirer is near
But how would you look beyond if I were not the mound

-Nami-baba

No comments: