Wednesday, June 07, 2006

‘The Mechanism of Ventment’

Einstein was wrong
You don’t have to travel faster than time
To tow it across its natural line
Stretch it and slow it down
It can be done while doing
Something as simple as returning from office
My mind buckling under tired thoughts
Weary legs carrying me home through the town

My body may be tired
But I have sold ad space, I have donned that role
That would sell anything that I happened to have in my hand
I have that smile, that body language
That would help me sell anything
Afterall I am no more than a sophisticated salesman

Once home, I want to write
My body won’t obey
I’ll fall prey to an involuntary sleep soon
That is the best way to be ready for the next day
And just as my eyes would begin to close
A couplet will be born in Namibaba’s head
The lappy will be out the next minute
And the night will be spent typing in the dark
My bed an island in a sea of 70 bodies as good as dead

Sleep would overwhelm me finally

And I would go down with the thought swimming in my head
"It's a message from the spirit
It must be sent
Whenever the feelings overwhelm me
There would be ventment"

1 comment:

Vipin Nair said...

nice one that...angst has a new name now - namibaba:-)